#GIRLBOSS written by the CEO of nastygal.com, Sophia Amoruso, is an amazing and inspiring read for all #FREE women. So if that hasn’t already convinced you to pick up a copy check out some of the quotes from the book that’ll make you do a 360 to the nearest bookstore.
- I’m bad, and thats good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me. - Wreck-It Ralph
- A #GIRLBOSS knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.
- Women make natural anarchists and revolutionaries - Kim Gordon
- There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams
- I was who I was in high school in accordance with the rules of conduct for a normal person, like obeying your mom and dad. Then I got out of high school and moved out of the house, and I just started, for lack of a better term- running free.
- People have only as much liberty as they have the intelligence to want and the courage to take - Emma Goldman
- The only way to support a revolution is to make your own - Abbie Hoffman
- Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.
- Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. - Ronald Dahl
- Treat your thoughts like dollar bills, don’t waste them.
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. - George Bernard Show
- Failure is your invention. I believe that there is a silver lining in everything, and once you begin to see it, you’ll need sunglasses to combat the glare. It is she who listens to the rest of the world who fails, and it is she who has enough confidence to define success and failure for herself who succeeds.
- Learn how to take care of yourself so that the man you marry is the man you choose to be with and not just the man who will take care of you.
- Things may come to those who wait, but only left by those who hustle.
- All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.
- Businesses often forget about the culture, and ultimately, they suffer for it because you can’t deliver good service from unhappy employees - Tony Hsieh
- Overwhelming busy is a much better state than overwhelmingly bored.
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. - Steve Jobs
- You can’t have it all, and nothing comes easy. You will make sacrifices and compromises, get let down and let other people down, fail and start over, break some hearts, take some names, an learn to pick up and continue when your own heart gets broken. Difficult doesn’t mean impossible…
- Great entrepreneurs are like Indiana Jones: They take leaps before seeing the bridge because they know that if they don’t, someone else will get that holy grail.
You can purchase #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso @ nastygal.com
Despite having many successful career paths, Alejandra G a well known up and coming shoe designer, pursued her passion for designing shoes and her success has grown quickly over the past few months.
Alejandra began her first collection in 2011, she says she is inspired by the European trends that she came across while attending school in Milan. Her designs are composed of exotic printed leathers, and eye-catching colors. She believes strongly in innovation, and she stands completely outside of the box with her designs, (which is why I love her)!
Another why I am saluting this amazing woman, is because I follow Alejandra on instagram, and I love how personable she is with her fans. She tries her best to respond to all her comments/questions and fans. She even offers a Q&A and does a really good job responding to questions. I respect her humbleness, and I can see why people buy her brand and support it- she is not just selling a great shoe, but she is also getting those to support her because they see how great a person she is.
Alejandra has had many careers prior to starting her collection, and it’s amazing to see that although she had about 4 careers prior to her collection. She worked as a kindergarten teacher, real estate agent, music artist signed to The Underdogs/ J Records and her last job was a producer for shows on BET and Telemundo. Many people would be happy with these careers, and they are all great but they weren’t her passion. You have to respect Alejandra for this, she’s 1 of 1, there aren’t too many people that have the guts to follow their passion because they are too comfortable with where they are at. They aren’t willing to take the risk of failure, I really hope I can look back at all the opportunities I’ve missed, and given up because I wanted to do something I truly love. Alejandra is an inspiration to all of us to follow your heart, and not just where the money is at.
You can check out her shoes and pre-order he Fall/Winter 2014 collection at http://alejandrag.com or follow her on Instagram/Twitter at @its_alejandraG
You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge.
Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone — profusely. But don’t apologize for being who you are."